First, Congratulations on getting the interview! Now, what are some things that you can do tonight and in the morning to be prepared for your interview? Certainly, there are some things that you could have done before now, but let’s work within the timeframe you have.
- Be sure to research the company you are interviewing with to learn some great facts about the company and gain a better understanding of who they are and what they represent. During your interview, find places to insert your research to show that you are an engaged and informed candidate.
- Re-read the job description so that you have a clear idea of the job and the requirements. This also gives you an opportunity to tailor your interview answers specifically to the job.
- If you haven’t already, develop 3 to 5 stories around your skills and experience that show your best customer service skills, project management skills, leadership skills and team work skills.
- Role play your stories in front of the mirror, a friend, or family member so you can critique yourself and/or get feedback on what you can change, add, or do better. You can also record yourself so you can hear yourself and your answers and fine tune your responses. As you practice your stories, you become familiar and comfortable with your answers.
- Take the time to get familiar with the location of your interview to ensure you allow yourself plenty of time to get there 5 to 10 minutes early.
- As you arrive for your interview, be on your BEST behavior, you never know who you may meet in the parking lot, on the elevator, or in the waiting room.
Well, this is a lot to accomplish in less than 24 hours, but Jonathan did these things and was able to ace his interview and got the JOB!! Jonathan called us and was somewhat nervous about his interview; we gave him the above insights, guidance and tips and role played with him and he aced his interview and received an offer immediately. Good luck with your interview and remember to Invision Your Possibilities…
View Testimonial http://invisionyourimage.com/testimonials-list/